Thank you for interest in CARL. Please submit your application by Thursday, August 15.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY ONLINE:
- Fill the Form below to indicate interest. This will only indicate your interest and will not be considered a formal application. We can then keep you up to date in case there are unexpected changes or other announcements in which we need to inform potential participants in advance.
- Discuss with Your Supervisor. Applicant must discuss this professional development opportunity with his/her supervisor and receive supervisor approval to apply. Approval is important because participants will be expected to refrain from scheduling conference calls or responding to emails during the sessions.
- Acknowledgement of the Time Commitment. Applicants must be able to make a full commitment to attending the Academy. See acknowledgement form (word, pdf). Both the applicant and the applicant’s supervisor must sign the form to acknowledge and agree to the commitment of time to fully participate in the program.
- Resume and Two Short Essay Questions. We do not want to make this time consuming. The application consists of your resume and the three short essay questions. In total, the answers to these questions should not exceed 2 pages using standard margins and 12 point font.
- Resume, including education history
- Short Bio
- Applicant Acknowledgment form
- Question 1: What do you hope to gain from participating in the Academy?
- Question 2: What will you add to our group of participants in the leadership class?
- Completed Applications. An application will be deemed complete when we have received: (1) a resume, (2) Short bio, (3) an acknowledgement form described above signed by both the applicant and the applicant’s supervisor, and (4) your short essay answers to the questions below (no more than 1,000 words).
- Once Accepted. We will notify participants as to whether they have been selected for the program very shortly after August 15. Please remember that selection will balance a number of factors that will include your personal and professional qualifications, but we will also consider meeting our diversification objectives (professional and personal background, geography, agency size, agency function). With so many members, we are unlikely to extend an invitation to more than one staff per agency except in exceptional circumstances.
- Invoicing. CALCOG will then invoice the agency employer for each for the tuition amount after applicants are accepted in the program.