Regional Government Equity Training Series
This year-long program (April 2022- March 2023), is specifically tailored to the needs and responsibilities of regional governments. Four quarterly trainings anchor the program. They will explore context, technique, and strategies to successfully integrate principles of inclusion and equity in organizational practices. Between trainings, six facilitated roundtables allow participants to share stories and learn from one another as they begin to apply what they learn. The overall goal is to provide the knowledge, understanding, and support to improve programs at every agency.
These sessions have been designed for CALCOG by Venture with Purpose. Created to focus on centering racial equity in organizations from the inside out, Venture’s specialty is helping organizations focus on equity from the inside out. Their capacity building activities encompass process and policy change, culture change, and the development of leadership.
Read more about Venture with Purpose.
- April 6th, 2022 Equity Training #1: Racial Equity, Diversity and Inclusion for Planners and Other Government Roles
- May 4th, 2022 Discussion Session #1: All About Community: Sharing Challenges and Solutions in Addressing Past Community Harm
- June 2nd, 2022 Equity Training #2: Common Pitfalls and Antidotes to drive Racial Equity in Organizational Culture
- August 17th, 2022 Equity Discussion Session #2: Key Strategies in Inclusive Culture in the Government Context
- September 9th, 2022 Equity Training #3: Building Buy-in: Why Cultivating Authentic Support from Elected Officials and Decision Makers is Essential to Sector Success
- October 7th, 2022 Equity Discussion Session #3: Building Buy-in: Success Stories and Lessons from the Field
- November 2nd, 2022 Equity Discussion Session #4: Workshopping Current Challenges and Opportunities in Your Equity Journey
- January 11th, 2023 Equity Discussion #5: Walking the Walk: A Roundtable Discussion on How to Integrate Equity
- February 1st, 2023 Equity Training #4: Understanding DEI Priorities and Measuring Success
- March 1st, 2023 Equity Discussion Session #6: Looking Back, Looking Ahead: DEI Workshop and Discussion Series Wrap Up
Read our full schedule curriculum.
Registration rates reflect the best practice of sending a cohort from an organization or team to equity trainings. We will be invoicing your agency your registration. Deadline to register is April 4th at 5pm.
- Basic Registration $1400: Attendance for 4 participants at quarterly trainings; 2 participants in six discussion sessions
- Basic Small Agency Registration $1100: Attendance for 4 participants at quarterly trainings; 1 participant in six discussion sessions
- Additional Quarterly Training Participant: $200 (only available with one of the above Basic packages)
- Single Participant (without a Basic package): Available for small agencies with limited resources. If you’re interested in this option, please click here.
The discussion sessions have a limited size and we want to make sure that all our member agencies can participate. If you are interested in having more staff join these conversations, please contact us. We will make spots available if there is room.