Regional Government Equity Training Series
Please join us for a comprehensive training series in racial equity and its relationship to regional government. This year-long program (April 2022- March 2023), is specifically tailored to the needs and responsibilities of regional governments. Four quarterly trainings anchor the program. They will explore context, technique, and strategies to successfully integrate principles of inclusion and equity in organizational practices. Between trainings, six facilitated roundtables allow participants to share stories and learn from one another as they begin to apply what they learn. The overall goal is to provide the knowledge, understanding, and support to improve programs at every agency.
These sessions have been designed for CALCOG by Venture with Purpose. Created to focus on centering racial equity in organizations from the inside out, Venture’s specialty is helping organizations focus on equity from the inside out. Their capacity building activities encompass process and policy change, culture change, and the development of leadership.
Read more about Venture with Purpose.
- April 6 – Equity Training #1 “The Role of Regional Government in Advancing Racial Equity”
- May 4 – Discussion Session #1 “All About Community: Sharing Challenges and Solutions in addressing past community harm”
- June 2 – Equity Training #2 “Common Pitfalls and Antidotes to drive Racial Equity Organizational Culture”
- August 17 – Discussion Session#2 “Key Strategies in Inclusive Culture in the Government Context”
- September 9 – Equity Training #3 “Building Buy-in: Why Cultivating Authentic Support from Elected Officials and Decision Makers is Essential to Success”
- October 7 – Discussion Training #3 “Building Buy-in: Success Stories and Lessons from the Field”
- November 2 – Discussion Training #4 “TBD”
- January 11- Equity Session #4 “Racially Equitable and Inclusive Approaches to Community and Stakeholder Engagement”
- February 1 – Discussion Training #5 “Building Power with Community: Sharing Notes on Effective Engagement”
- March 1 – Discussion Training #6 “Crafting or Evolving a Racial Equity Action Plan”
Read our full schedule curriculum.
Registration rates reflect the best practice of sending a cohort from an organization or team to equity trainings. We will be invoicing your agency your registration. Deadline to register is April 4th at 5pm.
- Basic Registration $1400: Attendance for 4 participants at quarterly trainings; 2 participants in six discussion sessions
- Basic Small Agency Registration $1100: Attendance for 4 participants at quarterly trainings; 1 participant in six discussion sessions
- Additional Quarterly Training Participant: $200 (only available with one of the above Basic packages)
- Single Participant (without a Basic package): Available for small agencies with limited resources. If you’re interested in this option, please click here.
The discussion sessions have a limited size and we want to make sure that all our member agencies can participate. If you are interested in having more staff join these conversations, please contact us. We will make spots available if there is room.
We will invoice the cost of registration to your agency. Please fill out with information that regards to billing. There is an option for us to invoice you in FY 22-23. Deadline to register is April 4th at 5pm.
If you have any questions regarding registration or billing please contact Natalie Zoma firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.