In 2023-24, we will hold most CARL sessions in person. Virtual sessions will be identified on the schedule. In person sessions will not be live streamed.
In-person sessions require participants to attend two days and one overnight unless otherwise noted. Evening activities will be planned for the night following the first full day of instruction. These events are part of the curriculum and are not optional. The February session includes attendance at CALCOG’s Regional Leadership Forum. Registration is covered by the CARL tuition. Each participant (or employing agency) is responsible for travel, some meals, and lodging costs. When available, we will negotiate group hotel rates. Virtual sessions, unless otherwise noted, will include approximately 4-6 hours of instruction per day. Please block off the scheduled days. Final virtual session times will be announced no later than a month in advance.
In person dates may change before the program starts in September but will be finalized by orientation. If we need to change our meeting locations or dates after the program starts, we will consult CARL participants and make changes based on group consensus.
- September 20, 2023 – Orientation – Virtual – 3:00 PM – 5:30 PM
- October 26-27, 2023 – Session #1 – Sacramento
- November 30 – December 1, 2023 – Session #2 – San Diego
- December 13, 2023 – Group Project Training – Virtual (3 hrs)
- January 18-19, 2024 – Session #3 – Stockton
- February 7-9, 2024 – Regional Leadership Forum/Session #4 – Monterey
- March 25-26 2024 – Session #5 – TBD
- April 10 – CARL Spring Break – Virtual – 3:00 PM- 5:00 PM
- May 14-15 or 21- 22, 2024 – Session #6/Graduation – Sacramento