In 2022-23, we will hold some CARL sessions in person and some virtually. In person sessions will not be live streamed.
In-person sessions will require participants to attend two days and one overnight unless otherwise noted. Evening activities will be planned for the night following the first full day of instruction. The March session includes attendance at CALCOG’s Regional Leadership Forum which includes two nights and two days of activities. Each participant (or employing agency) is responsible for travel, some meals, and lodging costs. When available, we will negotiate group hotel rates. Virtual sessions, unless otherwise noted, will include approximately 6-10 hours of instruction, discussion and networking activities over one to two days. Please block off the scheduled days. Final virtual session times will be announced no later than a month in advance.
In person dates may change before September but will be finalized by orientation. If we need to change our meeting locations or dates after the program starts, we will consult CARL participants and make changes based on group consensus.
In order to create a safe learning environment for our participants, staff and instructors, we will follow the most current state COVID guidance. Please note that the CARL session schedule may change based on state COVID guidance.
- September 14, 2022 – Orientation – Virtual
- September 22-23, 2022 – Session – Sacramento
- October 27-28, 2022 – Session – Long Beach
- November 16, 2022 – Group Project Training – Virtual (3 hrs)
- December 7, 2022, 3:30 PM-5:30 PM- Networking Event – Virtual
- January 26-27, 2023 – Session – Virtual
- February 23-24, 2023 – Session – Bay Area
- March 5-7, 2023 – Regional Leadership Forum (Sunday night through Tuesday Afternoon) – Riverside
- April 19, 2023, 3:00 PM-5:30 PM – Networking – Virtual
- May 17, 2023, 8:30 AM-9:30 AM – Progress Report – Virtual
- June 6-7, 2023 – Session/Graduation – Sacramento