In 2021-22, we plan to hold some CARL sessions in person and some virtually. In order to create a safe learning environment for our participants, staff and instructors, we will be following the most current state COVID guidance. The most recent guidance suggests that we may need to ask participants if they are vaccinated in order to meet in person without masks. We are continuing to monitor the latest information and best practices to assure the safety and confidence of our participants. Please note that the CARL session schedule may change based on state COVID guidance.
In-person sessions will require participants to attend two days and one overnight unless otherwise noted. Evening activities will be planned for the night following the first full day of instruction. The March session includes attendance at CALCOG’s Regional Leadership Forum which includes two nights and two days of activities. Each participant (or employing agency) is responsible for travel, some meals, and lodging costs. When available, we will negotiate group hotel rates. Virtual sessions, unless otherwise noted, will include approximately 6-10 hours of instruction, discussion and networking activities over two days. There may be early evening events on the first virtual day. Please block off the scheduled days. Final virtual session times will be announced no later than a month in advance.
In person dates may change before September but will be finalized by orientation. If we need to change our meeting locations or dates after the program starts, we will consult CARL participants and make changes based on group consensus with the goal of creating a safe learning environment for all participants, instructors and staff.
- September 22, 2021 – Orientation – Virtual
- October 20-21, 2021 – Session – Sacramento
- November 17 – 18, 2021 – Virtual
- December 15, 2021 3:30 PM-5:30 PM- CALCOG Trivia – Virtual
- January 27-28, 2022 – Session – Sacramento/Stockton
- February 10-11, 2022 – Session – Virtual
- March 6-8 2022 – Regional Leadership Forum (Sunday night through Tuesday Afternoon) – Riverside
- April 28-29, 2022 – Session – Virtual
- May 18, 2022 (tentative) – Graduation (one-day) – Sacramento