Skip to content
- Who Should Apply? The program is open to mid-career professionals working for regional governments. Participants will be selected for diversity of experience in terms of personal background, professional experience, areas of expertise, geographic location, and size and function of their agency. Our objective is to create a class that will learn as much from each other as they will from the professional instruction.
- How to Apply. This is a competitive process. All program candidates must submit a resume, photo, completed application, and a signed Participation Agreement by August 9, 2021.
- Time Commitment. The Academy is as much about the relationship between participants as it is about the instruction. Each participant must agree to attend all sessions and participate in all class activities. Participants and their managers must sign a Participation Agreement committing to the program’s time requirements.
- Small Class Size. The program size is limited to allow for participants to actively engage with each other, instructors, and guest speakers.
- Program Cost. $3,100 includes all instruction, program materials, group events, lunch and selected evening meals. This year, tuition includes registration for CALCOG’s Regional Leadership Forum. Each participant (or employing agency) is responsible for travel, some meals, and lodging costs. When available, we will negotiate group hotel rates.
- CARL Alumni Program. All program graduates will receive the benefits of the CARL Alumni Program (CARLA) including discounts for CALCOG sponsored trainings, CARL networking events, and the opportunity to participate as program mentors and speakers.