Website Sacramento Area Council of Governments
Are you interested in working for the Sacramento region’s only public agency that brings together cities, counties and other partners to plan and prepare for the future? We are looking for someone to lead our relations with local public agencies, community-based organizations, and other stakeholders.
This is a new position dedicated to focusing on managing external relationships and partnerships, outreach, and education. You will be part of a newly formed group of nine staff that work in three teams: external affairs, legislative affairs, and communications. As the lead staff for external affairs, you will report to the Director of Legislative and External Affairs. This position may have supervisory duties. Most supervision given will be project-based.
With an agency-wide staff of nearly 60, you will work with project managers and management to coordinate on how we engage stakeholders in our programs and projects, and how we engage in external processes that impact our work.
Why join SACOG?
- The dynamic nature of our work – we are a small, flexible, and diverse staff that serves a voluntary association of city and county governments that provide a forum for mutual problem solving and regional advancement.
- We encourage professional development and growth, as well as, promote job satisfaction and personal fulfillment in which talents are fully utilized and uniqueness is valued.
- We have a team-based organizational structure – collaborative, achievement-oriented teams are the focal point of all our project work. Our team members come from a range of backgrounds that bring a variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to help contribute to our innovative and collaborative environment.
- We are committed to our organizational values – professional excellence, innovation, integrity, leadership, trust, mutual respect, accountability, teamwork, collaboration, open communication, and personal growth.
- We value our employees – we offer a generous benefit package.
Diversity at SACOG
SACOG values diversity and believes that a range of backgrounds brings a variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences that contribute to an innovative and collaborative environment in which talents are fully utilized, uniqueness is valued, and SACOG’s objectives are met. SACOG is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We welcome individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities.
In addition to being an organizational value, we also uphold equal opportunity under the law. SACOG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. SACOG provides fair and equal opportunity for all with no discrimination because of race, creed, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
SACOG will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified individual who is an applicant or employee.
This position will have the ability to telework at least part-time. Certain duties will require time in the office, but the majority of duties can be done remotely. Employees are required to live within 200 miles of Sacramento so that they can attend meetings in person.
We support telework because it:
- Enhances employees’ productivity, satisfaction, and ability to collaborate
- Improves recruitment and retention
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions, vehicle miles traveled (VMT), traffic and parking congestion, and air pollution
For more information and to apply, please click here.
Get more details about this job at this link.