Website Sacramento Area Council of Governments
The Sacramento Area Council of Governments (SACOG) is currently seeking a Staff Assistant to provide support to the administrative team and staff performing a variety of administrative and technical duties. This is a unique opportunity to work in a key position supporting the work of one of the most forward-looking and visionary regional planning agencies in the country. This position is full time and required to work in our office with the schedule of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and will report to the Administrative Support Team Manager.
If you are interested in a challenging opportunity in a high-energy, team-oriented environment, we encourage you to apply.
Diversity at SACOG
SACOG values diversity and believes that a range of backgrounds brings a variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences that contribute to an innovative and collaborative environment in which talents are fully utilized, uniqueness is valued, and SACOG’s objectives are met. SACOG is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We welcome individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities.
In addition to being an organizational value, we also uphold equal opportunity under the law. SACOG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. SACOG provides fair and equal opportunity for all with no discrimination because of race, creed, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
SACOG will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified individual who is an applicant or employee.
Why join SACOG?
We work towards a shared vision while cultivating a workplace of collaboration, trust, and transparency. We create space for individual strengths and experiences to achieve more, together.
We intentionally build an inclusive community where people can be themselves, share ideas, and pursue solutions. Together, we address challenges that are too big for any one person or group to solve on their own.
We have the courage to tackle new challenges head on. We are driven by the opportunity to leave a lasting, positive impact on the region. We are committed to quality performance as we accomplish the agency’s goals.
We strive for continuous improvement by reimagining the work and the way we do it. We use data and input to measure our progress, extract new insights, and elevate our work. This allows us to pave new paths into the future.
Filing Deadline: February 17 @ 5:00 pm
First round interviews: End of February
Second round interviews: End February
Reference checks: End of February to Early March
Offer of employment: Early March
Desired start date: March 20
Examples of Typical Job Functions
- Performs general reception duties as needed.
- Organize and assist the administrative team with external event reservations, including but not limited to: event setup, takedown, and follow-up processes; provide technical assistance, conduct before and after inspection on the day of the vent, assess an event’s overall success.
- Contribute ideas to administrative projects and events.
- Maintains and updates record systems and specialized databases; verifies accuracy of information; enters and updates information with team activity, project filed, and report summaries; retrieves information from systems and specialized databases as required.
- Manage internal meeting rooms; arrange and set up meeting rooms including audiovisual equipment, prepare any necessary materials to be available at meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires medium physical activity in an indoors office environment. Positions in this classification bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. Positions in this classification also crawl, kneel, crouch, stoop and reach overhead and below shoulder level to set up for meetings. Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects up to 50 pounds a distance of approximately 100 feet.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Event coordination experience
- Excellent customer service
- Experience planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating the work of assigned staff
- Establish and maintain a variety of filing, record-keeping, and tracking systems
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Education and Experience
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade
Valid California driver’s license
No experience required
Get more details about this job at this link.