Date: September 13 at 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
September 14 at 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
TBD: Progress Check In
Location: Sacramento, CA
Tuition: $550 includes professional trainer, all materials, breakfasts, lunch and refreshments.
CALCOG is offering a leadership course focusing on how to use coaching techniques to build trust and motivate and inspire staff at your organization. The course will revisit and build on the important leadership concepts from the California Academy for Regional Leaders (CARL), but completion of our CARL program is not a pre-requisite. By adopting a coaching approach, leaders can create a culture of collaboration, empowerment, and continuous improvement within their organizations. This course is designed to help leaders integrate the techniques of coaching into their leadership practice and gain insights on how to create a coaching culture in their organizations. This day and a half course will help you:
- improve leadership communication and interpersonal skills
- develop consensus and teamwork skills
- build trust and strengthen relationships internally and externally
- develop a greater understanding of coaching and motivating others
- support leadership development in your organizations
Participants in this course will be invited to practice their leadership coaching skills with the CARL 2023-24 program.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for leaders at all levels, including executives, managers, team leaders, and supervisors, who wish to enhance their leadership capabilities by adopting coaching methods.
The Value of Effective Coaching
Overall, effective coaching in the public sector can lead to enhanced performance, improved employee satisfaction, better leadership, and a more resilient and adaptive organization. By investing in coaching initiatives, public sector organizations can create a positive and productive work environment that benefits both employees and the communities they serve. Data show that people who feel like they have a great coaching relationship report and 80% increase in self-confidence, as well as improved relationships (73%), communication skills (72%), interpersonal skills (71%), and work performance (70%). (From Upcoach)
Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success. Henry Ford
Nick LeForce is president of Inner Works, established in 1992, a coaching and training company located in Northern California that provides training and executive coaching services to businesses, as well as personal coaching services to individuals. He holds undergraduate degrees in psychology and social welfare and a master’s degree in rehabilitation administration and is an active member of the International Association for Generative Change (IAGC).
Nick has designed and delivered coaching certification programs internationally, and he has been a key member of the core staff of trainers for the ICF Certified Coach Training programs offered through the NLP Institute of California and the Academy of Leadership Coaching and NLP from 2002 through 2016. In 2010, Nick designed and delivered the coach training program for the core trainers in the Government Training Academy of the Los Rios Community College District. He has authored 12 books, including co-authoring Powerful Questions and Techniques for Coaches and Therapists with Tim and Kris Hallbom.
- Develop a Coaching Mindset: Cultivate an understanding of coaching principles and values, and learn to embrace a coaching mindset as a leader.
- Foster Team Collaboration: Learn strategies to foster collaboration, build trust, and facilitate effective communication within teams.
- Unlock Individual Potential: Discover techniques to inspire and motivate individuals, helping them unlock their potential and achieve personal and professional growth.
- Enhance Emotional Intelligence: Develop a high level of emotional intelligence to effectively understand and address the needs and concerns of team members.
- Empower and Delegate: Learn to empower team members by delegating tasks and responsibilities, fostering ownership, and promoting a sense of accountability.
- Cultivate a Coaching Culture: Gain insights into creating a coaching culture within your organization, where coaching becomes an integral part of everyday leadership.