Office Manager/Administrative Assistant
The California Association of Councils of Governments (CALCOG) is seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our team. The Office Manager/Administrative Assistant will provide professional administrative and operational duties in support of CALCOG staff and members. This includes, but is not limited to, project support, processing correspondence and related materials, maintaining calendars, scheduling events and meetings, providing excellent customer service and responding to requests from members.
Here are some representative tasks and assignments the successful applicant should expect:
- Provides administrative support, including communication with internal staff, CALCOG membership, vendors, consultants, key stakeholders, and others as appropriate; responds to common inquiries and requests from members, government agencies, legislative staff, and stakeholders.
- Maintains and updates record systems and specialized databases; verifies accuracy of information; enters and updates information with membership contacts and outreach lists; retrieves information from systems and specialized databases as required.
- Composes, types, formats, and proofreads a wide variety of reports, letters, documents, agendas, and memoranda; checks drafts for punctuation, spelling, and grammar; suggests corrections.
- Prepares, copies, collates, and distributes a variety of documents, including board agenda packets, reports, informational packets, and contracts and specifications; ensures proper filing of copies in project, program, or central files.
- Serves as administrator of board and committee meetings; prepares, posts, and distributes agenda materials including agenda reports; creates, updates, and maintains mailing lists databases; attends meetings and records minutes.
- Maintains Executive Director and organizational calendars; schedules meetings between CALCOG staff and other groups or organizations; arranges for necessary set-up and materials to be available at meetings including audiovisual equipment.
- Coordinates with staff and/or event planners for on-site and off-site meetings and other event; coordinates schedules and logistics (space, audio/visual equipment, meals, and hotel accommodations).
- Participates in CALCOG events and interacts with CALCOG membership and administrative staff.
- Creates purchase orders, processing invoices, and monitoring and managing agency contracts and membership.
- Performs general reception duties as needed; answers phones, greets guests, coordinates with building/facility services, orders and maintains office supplies and equipment.
- Requires some travel within the state.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three years of professional administrative and operations support experience. Experience working in a government, legislative, association environment, and/or with elected officials or an appointment board is preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Reliable transportation options on as needed basis. Valid California driver’s license preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, methods, and equipment related to work.
Desired Skills and Talents
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Work independently from brief instructions.
- Treat sensitive matters with confidentiality.
- Pay close attention to detail.
- Maintain a helpful attitude and work co-operatively within a team environment.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary $40,000-$60,000 per year, based on experience.
- Annual employer contribution towards 401(k) retirement plan.
- Employer contribution to vision/health/dental insurance and commuter benefit.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- Very flexible schedule. Part-time or full-time.
- Telework allowed and encouraged. Some in-office time is expected. This position is based at our office in downtown Sacramento California.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, resume & three professional references to email@example.com. Please include “Office Manager” in subject line. Application deadline: August 26, 2022.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVESITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION:
CALCOG is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates of color. Employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
ABOUT THE CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF COUNCILS OF GOVERNMENTS
The California Association of Governments is the state association for councils of governments, regional transportation planning agencies, county transportation commissions, congestion management agencies, and metropolitan planning organizations. We have 49 member agencies that range from small rural communities to the largest metropolitan planning organization in the country. We find ways to improve the capacity of our members to serve their member cities and counties. Often our role is educational and facilitating communication between our members to share information, but we also advocate on behalf of our members in the state legislature. As a result, we frequently engage in policy discussions related to transportation, housing, climate mitigation and adaption, social and racial equity, and economic development. To see a roster of our members, visit: https://calcog.org/our-members/